At PA CareerLink® Monroe County, we offer job services for both potential employees and employers. Our comprehensive list of services help job seekers secure a job. Call (570) 620-2850 to ask about what we can do for you.
Training services are available to individuals who meet specific guidelines as determined by our multiple funding sources. These services are provided to assist job seekers in securing and/or retaining employment that leads to self-sufficiency in an occupation that has been identified by the State of Pennsylvania as being in high demand. Our Training Services include:
- Assistance with skilled training programs
- On-the-Job training (OJT)
- Youth in-school and out-of-school programs
- Work experience opportunities
- Customized training programs
- Trade Adjustment Act services
PA Careerlink® Monroe County allows employers to train individuals for specific jobs and receive reimbursement (up to 50% of the hourly wage) for the time it takes to provide training to inexperienced workers.
- Computer Basics: This seminar is designed to assist job seekers in basic computer skills starting with “how to navigate the mouse” to “becoming familiar with the keyboard.” Class is held in the Career Resource Room.
- Computerized Net Assessments: These tests are for YOU if you are not sure what you might be capable of doing. The tests will give you an idea of what career path you should take.
- Employer Website Assistance: Many employers require job seekers to apply to their own websites for jobs. This is one-on-one assistance with employer websites of your choice for job applications.
- How To Land A Government Job: Learn how to expand your opportunities with State, Federal, and non-Civil Service options.
- Interview Basics & Salary Negotiation: Teaches job seekers how to prepare for an interview, present themselves and their skills, answer questions, the art of salary negotiation, and follow-up after the interview.
- Job Search Bootcamp: This workshop combines “Resume and Cover Letter Writing” and “Interview Basics” to give participants the tools to develop a personal appraisal of interviewing as well as presenting job search strategies.
- Resumes & Cover Letters: Helps job seekers determine which type of resume is best suited to their job search goals and how to write the most effective for them.
- Skills Identification: This seminar is designed to help job seekers identify their skills and strategically use them in their resume and cover letter.